The Generic Region Merging library is now a remote module for OTB
August 2015, 18th
New Algorithm problem: The Last Shall Be the First
July 2015, 18th
New Algorithm problem: Birds of a feather flock together
July 2015, 8th
New Algorithm problem: Two numbers are ever quite alike!
June 2015, 29th
GRM Library: two new criteria available
June 2015, 9th
Two new homogeneity criteria have been added in the GRM Library:
- A criterion based on the spectral euclidean distance.
- A criterion combining both spectral and spatial information.
You can download the GRM library here:
GRM Library: new stable version
June 2015, 2nd
A new version of the GRM library is available. The code has been tested and major modifications have been done:
- A memory bug has been corrected due to circular references with the
- The Contour encoder seems to contain a bug, then it has been removed and will be added later. Instead each segment contains a list of its internal pixels. However, be careful since this current solution requires more memory.
- At last but not least, the computation of the merging costs has been optimized making the algorithm really more efficient (10x speedup).
- Warning: the LSRM library available has not been corrected and contains some bugs. This will be corrected soon.
- Do not hesitate to send me some suggestions to improve the GRM library by adding some new functionalities. Or, even better you can commit your own extensions by sending me a message with your files. After verification, it will be added.
LSRM Library: (Beta version may contain some bugs)
May 2015, 21th
In the frame of my Ph.D., I decide to develop the Large Scale Region-Merging library. The goal of this library is to segment large satellite images which do not fit in the main memory. The library is still in development and may contain some bugs. Do not hesitate to try it for your own research and send me feedback about how we can improve it. Currently this library has been tested successfully for the segmentation of Pléiades scenes.
New Algorithm problem: palindrome number
May 2015, 21th
A new nice problem which can be solved in an elegant way using recursion.
May 2015, 14th
The paper "A Scalable Tile-Based Framework for Region-Merging Segmentation" is now available in the IEEE Xplore Digital library in Open Access.